You are only as healthy as your cells...
By simple exposure of the body to pulsated low frequency magnetic fields stimulate cell metabolism, increase oxygen assimilation, and accelerate the removal of toxic chemicals and waste. PEMF, Pulsating electromagnetic fields can fully penetrate the body and reinforce weak functional cycles in a natural way. This allows the body to recover its self-healing capabilities. As a result, health and wellness improves.
What is PEMF? Pulsating electromagnetic fields?
Have you have ever held two magnets in your hands and tried to force them together, and felt a resistance between them, if so you have experienced magnetic fields. The Earth has its own magnetic field, produced by changes in the molten core of the planet. The presence of this field causes a compass to rotate so that the north pole of the compass points north. An electromagnetic field is a field produced by moving electrical charges. It affects any other objects in the range of the field. This is a natural activity in the universe.
"PEMF stands for Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Fields, which are widely used these days to improve circulation and cell metabolism. HOWEVER, in Puerto Rico it began in early 1970’s with our one and only pioneer of this science Dr Ralph U. Sierra and ten years later continuing his legacy, his daughter, Dr. Irma I. Sierra in their Chiropractic Clinic. Both Sierra’s worked with Biomagnetism when belief was not very easy to experience. So heading into 2020, the legacy of both Dr. Sierra’s is vivid with the 3rd generation, with doctors Jarrot Sierra in San Juan.
We all in our Clinic, Clinica Quiropractica Jarrot Sierra, work with static (nonmoving) and pulsed magnetic fields.
But because the body can become accustomed to static magnetic fields, Pemf therapy, pulsed electromagnetic field is recommended. PEMF being dynamic, is able to penetrate all the way through the body, and creates a cascade of effects within the body, so it really helps accelerate the functioning of the static magnets the patient uses at home. If the health condition is complicated, only using Static magnet might not be enough.
How electromagnetic fields can effect my body?
We now understand, an electromagnetic field affects the behavior of anything within the vicinity of the field. Every heartbeat generates electromagnetic waves throughout the blood vessels of the body, stimulating tissues at a cellular level. External magnetic fields and the normal electric and electromagnetic fields produced by the body interact. So, a magnetic field passing through our whole body will have an electromagnetic effect on each of our 70 trillion cells. As a result, magnetic fields act in basic and fundamental ways on molecules and tissues. They affect the most basic functions of all cells—human, animal, and plant included.
What are some basic cell functions, and how do magnetic fields help?
Basic actions of a cell are:
- Generates Energy / Eliminate Waste,
- Repair And Regeneration,
- Perform Its Functions Based On The Cell’s Type And Location
Magnetic fields cause or increase motion of ions and electrolytes in the tissues and fluids of the body. It’s both easy and quick to move an ion or electrolyte in a living organism using magnetic fields. This movement stimulates a vast array of chemical and electric actions in the tissues of the body, helping them to rebalance or heal themselves where necessary.
Why I need treatment at a cellular level?
Magnetic fields also affect the charge of the cell membrane, which allows membrane channels to open up. These channels are like the doors and windows your car. Opening cell channels (like car windows), encourages nutrients to enter the cell, and waste (as in car fumes)is more easily eliminated . This helps rebalance and restore optimum cell function. Bringing cells back to their optimum level means they will all work more efficiently. Cells of the same type come together to make tissues, and those tissues come together to make organs. By restoring or maintaining cellular function, you will restore AND maintain organ function. This allows the entire body to function better. Maintaining the function of every individual cell at an optimal level every day is an important part of slowing aging.
What long-term benefits come from PEMF, Pulsating electromagnetic fields therapy?
Cellular “injury”, when a cell is not healthy, leads to disease conditions. Magnetic fields protect against cell injury by improving circulation, repair processes, and energy, and increasing stress proteins in the cells. These proteins are used to prevent cell breakdown and wear and tear, as well as help speed recovery from injury. Magnetic fields balance cells, tissues and bodily functions at very fundamental levels, even before damage and problems become obvious to you.
How can I use PEMF?
Magnetic fields selected for treatment support health maintenance, PEMF, Pulsating electromagnetic fields used in the home daily would be an important part of any holistic maintenance program, in addition to any other program. Magnetic therapies are usually complementary to other therapies, and they usually enhance each other’s benefits.
Ways to enhance the beneficial affects of PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields?
Since most of the effects of magnetic fields happen because of how they act on ions, especially calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium, these ions and electrolytes need to be at the right levels in the body. It is difficult to heal depleted tissues without sound nutrition. Supplements may also be quite helpful for magnetic therapy to be most effective. Magnesium supplementation and adequate amounts of daily water are encouraged to optimize health while using PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields. Our Dr. Sierra’s Naturals Relax-S and Pain-Less are recommended as magnesium supplements.
What are the Beneficial effects PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields have in my body?
- Increased Circulation: One of the most basic functions magnetic fields have in the body is to increase circulation. When a cell (such as a red blood cell) is injured or ill, it does not hold its ideal charge. This causes red cells to “stick” together, making circulation slow. When a magnetic field passes through the red cell, the membrane becomes properly charged, allowing the cell to repel itself and keep itself separate from other red cells, thereby increasing circulation. In addition, PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields increase various chemicals in the blood vessel walls that cause the blood vessels to dilate, improving the amount of blood flowing through the vessels and therefore increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to the tissues. Poor circulation makes tissues unhealthy and prone to disease and breakdown. Improved circulation helps tissues get the nutrition and oxygen they need, while expelling the waste they produce. Good circulation helps with tissue healing and regeneration. The result of improved circulation is the reduction of swelling and the removal of bruising.
- All Cells Need Energy To Function: Cellular energy requires ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) and is fundamental to all cell and body functions and is necessary to sustain life itself. ATP regulates cell metabolism by transporting chemical energy within our cells. Low ATP levels causes our cells to be sick, and decreases their ability to heal, regenerate, or function properly. Through the increased motion of ions and electrolytes, magnetic fields help cells increase their energy (or “charge”) by up to 500%.
- Reduce Pain And Swelling: Two previous studies had found that electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) reduce pain and swelling. EMFs also have that effect in a new trial headed by orthopedic surgeon Roy K. Aaron. Presumably, he says, it does it "by changing the chemistry of the joint." Studies by his team and others indicate that these fields can increase a joint's production of natural anti-inflammatory agents, such as transforming growth factor-beta. Not surprisingly, Aaron notes, medical supply companies are now developing products, such as a glove with coils, to deliver EMFs to arthritis-savaged joints. Softer tissues also respond to these fields. For instance, Arthur A. Pilla, a biophysicist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, observes that many people with bone breaks experience significant pain in muscles around their injuries. Shortly after EMF therapy begins, however, that pain disappears. Health Effects of Electro-Magnetic Fields from Science News, Vol. 156, No. 20
- Enhanced Muscle Function: Muscle energy, needed for muscles to work, is developed through a process called Myosin Phosphorylation. Myosin is muscle, and phosphorylation is energy (ATP) production. Optimal energy allows muscles to work harder and longer, and recover more quickly from their work. Muscles that are contracted or in spasm are better able to relax, decreasing tension and reducing the pain caused by spasm.
- Decreased Inflammation: Inflammation is a process initiated by the body to repair cellular damage in tissues by increasing the blood flow to the damaged area and increasing the number of good inflammatory cells. The process of inflammation is generated and supported by the interaction of a number of immune cell types, with other cell types (like T cells) playing a regulatory role. Inflammation is a necessary and beneficial process, but it often persists longer than necessary, causing chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is frequently a cause of chronic pain. PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields have been found to reduce chronic, damaging inflammation. Inflammation can be initiated by many causes.
- Stress: Stress is part of being human. Normal stress is necessary for survival. Too much stress is very harmful to the body, and accelerates aging. Stress is responsible for at least 75% of our illnesses, so stress reduction is necessary for all of us. Magnetic fields have many stress-reducing effects. Daily use of PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields help to wash away the negative effect natural stresses have on our bodies.
- Bone Healing: Magnetic fields pass right through the entire body PEMF, Pulsed electromagnetic fields work to repair bones, whether they are damaged by surgery, injury, or disease, and have been found to improve bone regeneration such as occurs with osteoporosis, and other bone destroying conditions
In addition to these basic balancing actions, magnetic fields also help with many other functions and conditions, and new ones are discovered regularly.
Some of these other actions include:
- • Reducing muscle tension
- • Improving tissue healing
- • Reducing pain
- • Increasing energy
- • Improving clotting factors
- • Slowing the development of arthritis
- • Stimulating the immune system
- • Helping the body to detoxify
- • Improving the uptake of nutrients
- • Reducing blood pressure
- • Helping nerve function
- • Helping liver function
- • Balances the acupuncture meridians
- • Improving sleep
- • Making soft tissue more flexible
- • Reducing arthritic changes
Health Magnetic Store sells all the original Dr. Sierra Magnets that both of them started working with and incorporated into the pulsed magnetic therapy.
- Magnetic Therapy Research articles in our website: https://healthmagneticstore.com/magnetic-therapy-research
- Health Magnetic Store blog: https://www.healthmagneticstore.com/blog
- Markov MS. Expanding use of pulsed electromagnetic field therapies. Electromagn Biol Med. 2007;26(3):257-74.
- Nelson F, et al., The use of a specific pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) in treating early knee osteoarthritis. Trans 56th Annual Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, New Orleans, LA (2010), p. 1034.
- Pilla, et al., Electromagnetic fields as first messenger in biological signaling: Application to calmodulin-dependent signaling in tissue repair, Biochim. Biophys. Acta (2011), 2011 Oct 8;1810(12):1236-1245.
- Rosch P, et al., Bioelectromagnetic medicine. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2004.